I am 31 years old and have been using matrimonial sites for the past three years. During my initial days itself, I came across a girl's profile put up by her father and instantly took a liking to her. She's very beautiful yet simple looking, hailed from my native district and belonged to the same caste as mine. But I never tried to make contact as I was insecure about my looks (I am bald), and she clearly mentioned she was looking for a handsome guy. Moreover, due to some family issues, we have left our homeplace when I was in my teens and don't wish to return to that area ever. After feeling sad for my predicament for close to two years, I finally kind of moved on.
But some six months ago, I received an interest from her. I couldn't believe this. I discussed this with my mother, who advised me to decline the interest as we cannot go near our homeplace and our horoscopes didn't even remotely match. With a heavy heart, I declined the message citing my inability to connect due to family issues. I have started to feel sad again. A couple of days later, after discussing with my close friend, I sent her a mail apologizing for declining her interest and even tried to make contact over WhatsApp with her father but no reply came.
Since then, I have tried to initiate a chat with her many times to no avail. She's of the same age as me, beautiful and belongs to a conservative family but surprisingly is unable to find a match. Finally today, she declined my message.
I know this is kind of stupid but I am unable to get over her. I have this feeling that I lost a great opportunity when she herself reached out to me. How do I deal with this?
We are happy to welcome your Question on AA, the No. 1 Site for Sexual and Relationship Issue. We hope you will get many Answers. Please have the courtesy to “Thank” and give your comments to the Users who have taken the trouble to Reply.
1. Please complete your Profile if you have not done so. Go to My Account and update your details. Name is not mandatory, but age is compulsory. We will not approve a New Question if this is not done.
2. Before you ask a new Question, please choose Best Answer for your earlier Question. Wait for 3-4 Answers before you select the Best Answer. If you do not do this, we will not approve your new Question.
3. Once a Question is approved, do not edit it again. If you want some changes, send me a PM (Personal Message).
4. Do not reply to Old Posts, which are more than 6 months old. It is a waste of time.
5. Finally, do take the trouble to give Answers to questions asked by others. Your solution could shower you with the User's Blessings.